NGWA Offers Webinar on Groundwater Data Management
Presentation will be led by professionals from Geosyntec Consultants
The National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA) is offering the Webinar “Life Cycle of Groundwater Data: From Field to Lab to Electronic Data Deliverable to Report,” on Feb. 16 at 1 p.m.
The Webinar will be presented by Peter de Haven, P.E., and Jamey Rosen, P.G., of Geosyntec Consultants.
Robust data management is central to the success of most environmental projects. Groundwater analytical data progresses through a “life cycle” with several stages, including sample collection and analysis, data validation, database verification, data assembly and analysis and reporting. At any stage in this cycle, mishandling can lead to errors in analysis and use, accenting the need for sound data management practices.
Moreover, robust data management also opens doors to a myriad of opportunities for powerful, flexible and efficient methods of data analysis, statistical hypothesis testing and three- and four-dimensional visualization.
The Webinar will address:
• Methods for tracking groundwater data in electronic data deliverables and relational databases; • Key concepts in data management; • Examples of database verification; • Submitting electronic data to regulatory agencies; and • Geographical information systems and other methods of data analysis and visualization.
Those who will benefit from attending this introductory- to advanced-level Webinar include groundwater professionals from government agencies and consulting firms, and hydrogeology and civil engineering students.
More Like This
- NGWA Webinar Will Focus on Groundwater Data Management
- NGWA Course Will Focus on Analysis and Design of Aquifer Tests
- NGWA Webinar to Focus on Use of Nitrogen-15 and Carbon-13 Tracers
- NGWA Webinar Will Cover Fundamentals of Stable Isotopes in Hydrology
- NGWA Course Will Explore Hydrogeological Principles of Groundwater