NGWREF Awards $20,000 in Scholarships
Scholarships awarded to students entering a field of study that promotes groundwater professions
The National Ground Water Research and Educational Foundation (NGWREF) recently awarded $20,000 from its Len Assante Scholarship Fund to 10 students.
Each of the scholarship recipients is entering a field of study that serves, supports or promotes groundwater professions.
Joshua Olson of Amery, Wis., received the Past President’s Award, the top scholarship presented to the most qualified of the applicants. Olson is studying hydrogeology at the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire.
Clayton Reichart of Hanover, Pa., received the Ora Lyons Award, named in honor of a former distinguished National Ground Water Assn. member. Reichart, who plans to study hydrogeology, has yet to decide on a university or college.
The other scholarship recipients, their areas of study, and schools, are:
- Amy Allbritton, Oologah, Okla., geology, Western State Colorado University;
- Alexandra Iezzi, North Haven, Conn., hydrogeology, Connecticut College;
- Natasha Krell, Northampton, Mass., geology and hydrogeology, Smith College;
- Brennan Peterson-Wood, Jamestown, Calif., environmental sciences, Colorado College;
- Ryan Sullivan, Forked River, N.J., geology, University of Rhode Island;
- Kevin Townsley, Boise, Idaho, geology and hydrogeology, University of Idaho;
- Matthew Shroll, Boise, Idaho, hydrogeology, Boise State University; and
- Lindsey Yazbek, Kyle, Texas, environmental sciences, Trinity University.
The NGWREF scholarship awards have been made for more than 30 years.
Click here for more information.
More Like This
- National Ground Water Research & Educational Foundation Awards Scholarships
- National Ground Water Research and Educational Foundation Awards $20,000 in Scholarships
- National Groundwater Research and Educational Foundation Awards Scholarships
- Students Win Scholarships From National Ground Water Research and Educational Foundation
- Research Role Strengthened by National Ground Water Research and Educational Foundation