NGWREF Honors Groundwater Industryâ€™s Emerging Leaders
Six industry professionals chosen to attend the Emerging Leaders Alliance Conference
The National Ground Water Research and Educational Foundation (NGWREF) congratulated those chosen to attend the Emerging Leaders Alliance Conference taking place Nov. 10 to 12, 2014 in Reston, Va.
NGWREF said continuing education in leadership skills will enhance the future effectiveness of the groundwater professions and will maximize the impact of groundwater for society. Emerging Leaders Alliance Conference attendees will experience a week of tuition-free presentations such as those on global and virtual team leadership, managing change and powerful practices for leading innovation, among othersâ€”all important aspects to help move the groundwater industry forward.
The winning National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA) members were selected based on their commitment to the groundwater industry and their potential to lead the industry into the future. Those chosen are:
- Mark E. Chandler, P.E., CRS Engineers, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dustin Kinder, Andrews & Foster Drilling Co., Athens, Texas
- Michael J. Schnieders, PG, PH-GW, Water Systems Eng., Ottawa, Kan.
- Molly Sherwood, Kent County Department of Public Works, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Brian M. Snelten, PG, Layne Christensen Co., Aurora, Ill.
- Eric Swanson, LAKOS Separators and Filtration Systems, Fresno, Calif.
"The foundationâ€™s initial class is indicative of the quality of the industryâ€™s professionals early in their careers,â€ť said NGWA and NGWREF CEO Kevin McCray, CAE. â€śThese foundation awards are an investment in making people better so they will advance the professions and continue to make other people better, as well."
These individuals, their companies and the groundwater industry as a whole will benefit from the skills gained from this conference.
More Like This
- NGWREF Selects Eight Emerging Leaders to Attend Conference
- Foundation Seeks Applicants for Emerging Leaders Alliance Conference
- NGWA's 64th Annual Groundwater Expo in Las Vegas This December
- Cal State Fullerton Professor Receives Top NGWA Awards
- Water Well Industry Veteran Receives NGWAâ€™s Life Member Award