NWRI-AMTA Announces Graduate Fellowship Opportunity
Application deadline for NWRI-AMTA membrane technology fellowships is Sunday, June 1, 2014
The American Membrane Technology Assn. (AMTA) and the National Water Research Institute (NWRI) announced a call for nominees for the NWRI-AMTA Fellowships for Membrane Technology. The deadline for application is Sunday, June 1, 2014.
Research must pertain to the advancement of membrane technology in the water, wastewater or water reuse industries. The research must be consistent with AMTA's vision statement: "Solving water supply and quality issues through the widespread application of membrane technology."
Possible areas of study are:
- Membrane bioreactors;
- Membrane fouling/scaling control;
- Membrane removal efficiency;
- Membrane pretreatment;
- Improved feedwater recovery; and
- Reduced energy consumption.
A condition of the fellowship is that awardees will be expected to attend the annual AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference and Exposition (MTC) each year and give a presentation or poster on their research. Travel expenses and registration fees will be covered separately from the fellowship award. The 2015 MTC will be held in Orlando, Fla., March 2 to 5, and the 2016 MTC will be held in San Antonio, Feb. 1 to 4.
NWRI-AMTA Fellowships for Membrane Technology
- Length of Award: 2 years
- Amount of Award: $10,000 a year
- Number Awarded: Two fellowships will be awarded in 2014
More Like This
- NWRI Establishes Fellowship to Support Outstanding Graduate Research in Water Science
- NWRI Calls for Nominations for Clarke Prize
- NWRI Fellowships Announced: Inaugural Ronald B. Linsky Fellowship Awarded
- NWRI Fellowship Applications Due March 1st
- AMTA, AWWA Present Awards at Membrane Technology Conference