We will now wrap up The O-Zone Tech Workshop with an ozone
quiz. This will be a good chance for you to determine if what has been given
has made it into your memory banks or reference library.
Your award for answering correctly and submitting the
completed quiz will be national recognition. Your name will be posted in a
subsequent issue of Water Quality Products as an "O-zone Technician,"
and the first person with all of the correct answers will win a prize.
Send the answers to us via fax, snail mail or email.
Submissions will be graded four weeks after the mailing of this issue of WQP.
The first 20 quizzes with the most correctly answered questions will be
eligible for publication and national recognition. They will be graded in
E-mail: [email protected]
Snail Mail: O-Zone Technician Quiz, 5330 Ashton Ct.,
Sarasota, FL 34233.
The following company information must accompany your quiz
or your entry will be disqualified.
City, State, Zip
Phone, Fax or E-mail
Do you wish to discuss the quiz in further detail? (Yes /
Answers will be available at www.wqpmag.com once all of the
entries are graded.
Hint: The answers to each of these questions can be found in
the previous "The O-Zone" columns (beginning October 2002), which can
be found in the archives at www.wqpmag.com.
1. Name three sizing parameters for ozone bottled water
2. Name four purposes for ozonating bottle water.
3. In relation to ozone's oxidation efficiency, which type
of system is more efficient: Atmospheric or under pressure ozonation?
4. Are all contaminates oxidized with the same ozone dosage?
5. What are the easiest well water problems style="mso-spacerun: yes"> to eliminate using ozone systems?
6. What are the "big three" factors when properly
sizing an ozone well water treatment system?
7. Does ozone require a detectable residual in order to
oxidize iron, sulfur and/or manganese?
8. List three main advantages of using ozone systems for
well water treatment.
9. Give two advantages ozone systems have over air injection
10. What are the three steps that best describe the ozone
11. When on a sales call and presenting an ozone system,
what are you really selling?
12. If you don't close (ask for the order), what are you
13. What is the first thing to establish before deciding
where to put the ozone injection location?
14. How much more ozone is injected when using an Ozone Pump
rather than a Venturi?
15. What are the two Venturi sizing criteria?
16. The mechanical media of choice for an ozone system
should have what four attributes?
17. What are the three filter sizing parameters?
18. When troubleshooting, why would you test the water
immediately after filtration, rather than in the house?
19. Why is testing for ozone residual not a practical method
for troubleshooting a residential well ozone system?
20. What are three attributes to proper troubleshooting
21. List six problems associated with filtration.
22. What is the purpose yes"> of the air dryer for ozone units?
23. Name the four reasons that indicate a dryer should be
used on a certain application.
24. How do you know if your air dryer is working properly?
25. The application of ozone dosage breaks down into two
main categories, which are...?
26. What are the three criteria that determine ozone dosage?
27. What does Simple Oxidation (SO) pertain to?
28. What care must be taken when sizing ozonators (list 4)?
29. What is the "rule of thumb" for being in
contact with or breathing ozone gas?
30. How can one prevent ozone from becoming an irritant or