Online TOC Analyzer Provides Stable, Sensitive, Cost-Effective Measurement
Shimadzu’s next-generation online TOC-4200 analyzer offers new functionality for expanded applications, upgraded communication methods, enhanced data handling and low maintenance and running costs.
The analyzer uses the company’s proven, industry-standard 680°C combustion catalytic oxidation method to support analyses from 5 to 20,000 mgC/L full scale. With a high-sensitivity kit, the TOC-4200 can measure samples with total organic carbon (TOC) concentrations from 0 to 1 mgC/L, such as underground water, public drinking water or recovered deionized water from semiconductor manufacturing.
Additional features include:
- Multiple pretreatment units to best match a sample’s characteristics;
- Multi-functional sample injector to allow for a multipoint calibration curve from a single high standard;
- A carrier gas purification function;
- A high-salt sample combustion tube kit that increases the period between maintenance by a factor of 10;
- An on-board air purifier; and
- A touch-screen LCD
The TOC-4200 offers an Eco mode that reduces waste by only using carrier gas and operating the sampling pump when it is needed. In addition, a Web-based monitoring function allows users to monitor data and status from any network-connected computer, while a notification system alerts users when reagent or consumable replacement periods approach.
This analyzer is ideal for a diverse range of applications, including:
- Continuous monitoring of plant/boiler water;
- Simultaneous monitoring of treated tap water;
- Monitoring changes in river water quality;
- Management of treatment plant influent and effluent;
- Total pollutant load control regulation applications; and
- Monitoring TOC removal rate based on U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations.