Osmonics Announces Early End of Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Waiting Period
Osmonics, Inc. announced yesterday that on December 24, it received early termination of the Hart-Scott-Rodino antitrust waiting period regarding its planned merger with a wholly owned subsidiary of General Electric Company.
General Electric Co. made official its plans to form a water treatment business by combining GE Betz, GE Water Technologies and Osmonics Inc. through its U.S. regulatory filing on Dec. 23.
GE last month bolstered its plans in water treatment, announcing it would buy Osmonics, a maker of filtration systems, for about $253 million in stock and cash. GE acquired BetzDearborn, a leading chemical water treatment business, earlier this year.
The merger remains subject to other regulatory approvals and approval by shareholders of Osmonics.
More Like This
- Mueller Water Products, Inc. to be Acquired by Walter Industries Inc. in $1.9 Billion Transaction
- Ionics to Sell Bottled Water Business to Nestle Unit
- SAIC to Acquire R.W. Beck, Inc.
- Watts Water Technologies Announces Agreement to Acquire Dormont Manufacturing Co.
- Osmonics to Close Syracuse Operations