The Eastern Water Quality Assn. (EWQA) announced that several Spring Event...
The Travis County Health Department in Texas is warning people to stay out of Bull Creek in Austin after bacteria was found in the water. The bacteria was discovered after people reported becoming ill after swimming in the creek.
Officials told CBS 42 that the bacteria might be connected to a sewage spill that occurred last Tuesday.
The sewage spill sent 50,000 gallons of waste into the creek. Tests showed high levels of bacteria, but officials are not completely sure what made the kids sick.
Even though the health department sent out a warning, residents were still seen in the lake. The residents reported to CBS 42 that they were not aware of the hazard.
Parents of the sick children are concerned that there were no signs erected to warn people of the bacteria. Officials are not sure how long the creek will be closed.