Poster Designed to Help Small Communities Prepare for Emergencies
The National Environmental Services Center (NESC) is distributing “Ten Steps to Maintain Critical Wastewater Services and Protect Public Health in an Emergency,” a poster designed to assist small communities in preparing for emergencies and ensuring wastewater security. The poster was created by a national panel of experts coordinated by NESC and supported by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
This poster was designed as a tool for use by local officials and wastewater treatment operators to improve their community’s security and emergency preparedness for man-made and natural disasters. Included on the poster are ten pocket cards for use as an emergency contact list. These ten steps are recommended as a good starting point for wastewater systems to conduct a vulnerability assessment and improve security and emergency preparedness.
More Like This
- National Environmental Services Center to Launch PSA Campaign for Small Wastewater System Management
- Check Out www.nesc.wvu.edu For The Latest Environmental Information
- EPA Renews Memorandum of Understanding to Address Septic Systems
- Video Demonstrates Sizing and Selecting Pumps for -STEP and LPP Systems
- Charles Hilton Elected Vice Chair of National Water Security Panel