Precautionary Boil Water Advisory for Florida's Sarasota County
Sarasota County, Fla., ordered a precautionary boil water advisory after a water main break in a subdivision in the area.
Sarasota County Utilities is working on repairing the broken water main. According to TampaBays10.com, the break interrupted service to about 165 customers. John Czahoroski, the company’s field operations manager, said the water main was damaged by construction work from a private contractor installing cable.
The break was not caused by a county project.
Affected customers were advised by the Sarasota County Health Department to boil tap water that is used for drinking or washing food for one minute until further notified.
The boil water advisory will remain until samples from the affected area are clear from harmful bacteria two days in a row.
More Like This
- Water Main Break Leads to Sarasota Boil Water Advisory
- Prince William County Service Authority Issues Boil Water Notice
- New Jersey American Water Lifts Precautionary Boil Water Advisory
- L.A. Water Dept. Continues Advisory Notice, Testing
- Weather Causes Rain in Southern California, Boil Alert in New Jersey