Primo Water Amends Credit Agreement
Amendment will reduce the interest rate and provide an additional term loan of $3 million
Primo Water Corp. announced an amendment to its credit agreement with Comvest Capital.
The amendment provides an additional term loan of $3 million; lowers the interest rate on the original and additional term loans to 12.5% from a previous total of 16% per annum; and adjusts the prepayment penalty to 5% in the first year after the closing date of the amendment, 3% in the second year and 1% in the third year, which was previously 10% through October 2013 and 4% through April 2015. The original term loan of $15.2 million was amended to include the paid-in-kind interest of $300,000 for a total amount of $15.5 million. The $3 million additional term loan will be used to pay fees related to the amendment and provide additional working capital for the company.
"We are pleased with the improved terms under our amended agreement," said Mark Castaneda, CFO of Primo Water. "We had the opportunity to reduce our borrowing costs by 350 basis points while maintaining our relationship with Comvest Capital, which enabled us to avoid a 10% prepayment fee we would have incurred if we refinanced prior to October 2013 with another party. We believe that the debt refinancing is a reflection of our company's improved credit quality, underscoring the improvements we have made to our business over the past year."
More Like This
- Itron to Offer Web-Based Wireless Workforce Management Solutions to Utility Industry
- Primo Teams Up With Lowe’s & Whirlpool to Encourage Americans to Drink Water at Home
- Itron to Offer Web-Based, Wireless Workforce Management Solutions to Utility Industry
- Walter Industries Announces Completion of Mueller Water Products Acquisition
- Glacier Water Purchases the Assets of the Pure Fill Corp.