Company began as Tomlinson Steam Specialty Co. in 1911
Tomlinson Industries of Cleveland announced that it will celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2011.
In 1911, Tomlinson Steam Specialty Co. was founded by A.E. Tomlinson to represent a line of steam valves.
A.E. Tomlinson purchased the patent for ground plug faucets from Gustave Mueller and started a business, the Tomlinson No-Drip Faucet Co., to manufacture and sell these faucets around the United States. His son, Ralph E. (Tommy) Tomlinson, joined the company in 1922.
Strong business during the 1970s allowed the company to diversify and expand its product lines to include commercial foodservice equipment. Through numerous acquisitions, Tomlinson Industries has expanded from the coffee/beverage market to the house wares, bottled water, purified water and plumbing industries, and to providing quality foodservice equipment and food safety products for commercial/institutional kitchens and convenience/self-serve venues. According to Tomlinson, it is due to this type of diversification that helps the company continue to grow.
Tomlinson Industries was purchased by The Meyer Co. in 1974. Tomlinson operates as an independent division and has continued to thrive throughout many economic cycles both domestically and internationally.
Today, Tomlinson Industries consists of three product divisions: The No-Drip Faucet Division, Modular Dispensing Systems and the Foodservice Products Division.
Tomlinson’s headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Cleveland.
Michael E. Figas is company president. Louis J. Castro, executive vice president, heads the company’s sales, marketing and quality efforts.