Series will cover the best ways to provide consistent and traceable results
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced a new series of free educational webinars designed for professionals working in water and environmental testing laboratories. The series of five webinars, presented by industry experts from EM2 Solutions, Pilgrim Software and the Winvale Group, as well as Thermo Fisher, will introduce topics relevant to today’s environmental and waste testing industries, including how to deliver accurate, consistent and defensible laboratory test results that meet the compliance requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act. The webinar series begins Jan. 4, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. EST and registration is available at www.thermoscientific.com/waterandwastewater .
Water and environmental testing laboratories face unique challenges as they strive to deliver consistent and traceable results. In the current economic environment, it is critical that labs standardize workflows and processes that facilitate regulatory compliance, ensure public safety and monitor quality throughout the entire sampling, testing and reporting process. This educational webinar series will introduce topics to help industry professionals, including establishing protocols and documentation methods that meet NELAC compliance requirements and ISO 17025 guidelines, automating reports and records to ensure full traceability and improving lab and workflow efficiencies.
The webinar series takes place on five consecutive Tuesdays from Jan. 4 through Feb. 1 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. EST. The complete schedule is as follows:
• Jan. 4: Introduction to the Benefits of a Laboratory Information Management System;
• Jan. 11: How to Meet NELAC, ISO 17025 and Other Industry, State and Federal Requirements;
• Jan. 18: Connecting the Lab and Integrating It Across the Field;
• Jan. 25: Don’t Risk It! Ensure You Have the Right Document at the Right Time in Your Lab Environment; and
• Feb. 1: Best Practices for Obtaining Federal Funding and Using Existing Budgets to Optimize Laboratory Investments.