Dean Douglas will assume role of chairman of the board
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) announced the 2012 board of directors and officers during its 95th annual meeting recently held in St. Petersburg, Fla. The new board will be primarily responsible for providing organizational oversight to HI and guiding the direction of its strategic plan.
Dean Douglas, president of Dover Pump Solutions Group, was elected chairman of the board. Douglas served as 2011 president of HI, and received the President’s Award at the meeting gala in recognition of his efforts and leadership. Dennis Wierzbicki, general manager of Grundfos USA, will assume the HI presidency. Wierzbicki previously served as a member of the HI board.
The new board includes three additional officers. Dave McKinstry, vice president of IMO Colfax, was re-elected to serve as vice president, technical affairs; John Miersma, president and CEO of Iwaki America, will serve as vice president, member services; and Andrew Warrington, president of Peerless Pump Co., is the new vice president, knowledge and education.
Additional board members include:
• Dave Brockway, president, Intelliquip;
• Tom Conroy, vice president and general manager, Chempump - a Div. of Teikoku USA Inc.;
• Tom Grove, executive vice president, AESSEAL;
• George Harris, president and CEO, Hydro Inc.;
• Bob Hendricks, vice president, Flowserve;
• Rich Heppe, president, Nidec Motor Co.;
• Bob Pagano, president, ITT - Industrial Process;
• Suellen Torregrosa, president, Milton Roy Americas; and
• Gary Witt, president, Pentair Water.
Past presidents of HI Al Huber, president, Patterson Pump Co.; Dennis Ziegler, president and CEO, GIW Industries; and Ken Napolitano, president, Xylem Inc. - Residential & Commercial Water, will continue active participation in the organization as ex-officio members of the board.