The expo will feature workshops, panel presentations and discussion sessions
Held annually by the National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA), this year's Groundwater Expo is slated to take place Dec. 4 to 7 in Las Vegas.
Attracting thousands of professionals from around the world, the NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting has come to be the best-attended groundwater industry event.
"From quality educational offerings to the latest in technological innovations and services, the Groundwater Expo is recognized as the one event where professionals from all sectors of the groundwater industry come together to discover, connect and grow around current issues and discuss potential solutions to keep the industry moving forward so the resource is wisely used, managed and protected," said NGWA CEO Kevin McCray, CAE.
The 2012 Expo will feature:
- Workshops, panel presentations and discussion sessions for contractors, scientists, engineers and others covering everything from water well construction and maintenance to groundwater quality and sustainability;
- A daylong Fundamentals and Refresher Course on groundwater and wells designed for those new to the industry, as well as seasoned professionals;
- The farewell presentation of Dr. S. Majid Hassanizadeh's 2012 National Ground Water Research and Education Foundation (NGWREF) Darcy Lecture in Ground Water Science, and the kickoff presentation of the 2013 NGWREF McEllhiney Lecture in Water Well Technology by John Jansen, Ph.D., PG;
- More than 290 exhibitors with 75 new products/services on hand;
- Keynote address by Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey, former A.O. Smith Corp. employee turned pro golfer;
- NGWA award presentations honoring individuals and companies that have made significant contributions to the groundwater industry; and
- A charitable fundraising auction benefiting scholarships and groundwater supply projects in developing nations.
Click here  for more detailed information on the conference.