A. Bruce Ticknor recognized for his contributions as a young pump engineer
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) recognized and honored A. Bruce Ticknor, director of engineering for National Pump Co., as the first recipient of its Young Engineer of the Year award. The 2012 award was presented to Ticknor during HI’s 2013 annual meeting in Ft. Myers, Fla.
This award was established to recognize the efforts and contributions of young pump engineers from member companies and Standard Partners who have made a significant impact within their current position and also have contributed to the advancement of the work of HI. The award is limited to engineers under the age of 40 (as of Jan. 1 the year of nomination). Ticknor has played a significant role in several HI technical committees, including, but limited to:
- Rotodynamic (Vertical) Nomenclature (ANSI/HI 2.1-2.2) - Lead chair;
- Rotodynamic (Centrifugal) Pumps for Nomenclature and Definitions (ANSI/HI 1.1-1.2) - Co-chair;
- Rotodynamic (Vertical) Applications (ANSI/HI 2.3) - Member;
- Rotodynamic Pumps for Vibration Measurement and Allowable Values (ANSI/HI 9.6.4) - Member;
- Rotodynamic Pumps Guideline for NPSH Margin (ANSI/HI 9.6.1) - Member;
- Rotodynamic (Centrifugal & Vertical) Pumps - Guideline for Allowable Operating Region (ANSI/HI 9.6.3) - Member; and
- Pump Efficiency Expert Team - Member.
In addition, Ticknor continues to support other HI committees by providing spreadsheets, graphics and test data as requested. He has been involved with HI since 2008 and is currently a four-year VIP of the institute.