The show’s space layout has already been expanded to accommodate demand
Although the 2015 AHR Expo  in Chicago next Jan. 26 to 28 is still many months away, early indications are that it is on track to be another record-breaking event.
“To accommodate the demand for exhibit space in Chicago, we’ve already had to expand the space layout,” said Clay Stevens, president of Intl. Exposition Co., which produces and manages the AHR Expo. “Chicago is historically the site of our largest events, and it is very encouraging that so many HVACR manufacturers and suppliers have already reserved space. And coming off the record-breaking attendance at the 2014 New York Show this past January, all signs, including economic indicators, are pointing to another great show.”
Stevens said the 2015 show is primed to take advantage of the optimism in the marketplace. Spurred by both generally positive news about the economy and increased demand in the building sector, some of these indicators include:
- Economists say 2014 will be the best year for the economy since the end of the recession
- A recent ASHRAE/AHR Expo manufacturers survey predicted solid sales increases in 2014
- Industry experts say the home-building market is about to take off
- McGraw Hill forecast calls for a 9% increase in construction starts in 2014
- AIA forecasts commercial construction spending will increase 5.8% in 2014 and 8% in 2015
- AGC sees the Midwest’s nonresidential construction sector growing 7%
- A Fredonia study finds demand for plumbing products will increase over 7% through 2015
- Chicago and the surrounding Midwest area represent one of the largest marketplaces in the world for consulting engineering firms, HVACR contractors, facility managers, architects, technicians, wholesalers, distributors and HVACR manufacturers
- The largest ASHRAE chapters are located in Chicago and nearby major cities
- Chicago has recorded three of the top five all-time AHR Expo attendance records
The last AHR Expo in Chicago in 2012 had set the all-time attendance record up to that time with more than 58,000 total registered attendees, including 39,000 visitors. That record was surpassed by this year’s AHR Expo in New York City with nearly 61,000 registered attendees including more than 42,000 visitors.
“Perhaps the 2015 Chicago Show will reclaim the title for the best-attended AHR Expo,” Stevens said.