PSC's Illinois Subsidiary Purchases Kankakee County Water System
Philadelphia Suburban Corp.'s Consumers Illinois Water Company (CIWC) subsidiary completed the purchase of the assets of the Village of Grant Park water system, serving approximately 1,500 residents in Grant Park, Kankakee County for $66,000.
CIWC has plans to interconnect its Kankakee water system with its new Grant Park system. Construction is scheduled to begin immediately and be completed by November 15.
PSC Chairman Nicholas DeBenedictis said he is pleased with the growth venture for the Illinois subsidiary. "We are looking forward to continuing our expansion in Illinois and in Indiana where we recently established a new service area."
President Terry Rakocy said, "The Village of Grant Park is a natural addition to our growing Kankakee division. We will begin work immediately to interconnect the Grant Park water system with our Kankakee system and extend our quality water and reliable service to the Village's residents."
More Like This
- PSC's Illinois Subsidiary Grows Customer Base with Two Acquisitions
- Philadelphia Suburban Subsidiary Buys Water, Wastewater System in Illinois
- PSC's Pennsylvania Subsidiary Purchases Water System
- Philadelphia Suburban Subsidiaries Completes Two Acquisitions in Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Suburban Corporation's Illinois Subsidiary Agrees to Purchase Ivanhoe Systems