Public Water Utilities Recognized For Excellence
AMWA honors four utilities with Gold Awards
The Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies (AMWA) honored several public drinking water systems with its top utility management awards. Four systems across the country earned Gold Awards for Exceptional Utility Performance.
The awards, which were presented in ceremonies at AMWA’s Annual Meeting in New Orleans, recognize outstanding achievement in implementing the nationally recognized Attributes of Effectively Managed Utilities.
Gold Awards for Exceptional Utility Performance were presented to:
- Prince William County Service Authority (Virginia)
- Fairfax Water (Virginia)
- Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority
- City of Salem Public Works Department (Oregon)
“AMWA’s 2008 award winning water agencies are industry pace-setters, systems where management vision and employee commitment create sustainable utilities producing ample supplies of clean, safe water for their communities,” said AMWA President Brian Ramaley, who is the director of Newport News Water Works. “These systems have implemented a full range of successful initiatives that address all of the industry-recognized attributes of effectively managed utilities.”
The Attributes of Effectively Managed Utilities were developed by a blue-ribbon panel of water and wastewater utility executives, commissioned by the U.S. EPA, AMWA and other water industry associations. The attributes identified include: product quality, customer satisfaction, employee and leadership development, operational optimization, financial viability, infrastructure stability, operational resiliency, community sustainability, water resource adequacy and stakeholder understanding and support.
More Like This
- Public Water Utilities Recognized For Excellence
- LADWP Wins Gold Award for Water Services; Utility Recognized for Water System Leadership
- Water Associations, EPA Release Tools for Effective Utility Management Practices
- EPA, Water Associations Release Case Studies for Effective Utility Management Practices
- Vallecitos Water Board Earns Local Governance Award