Severn Trent Services Provides Arsenic Removal Technology for Arizona American Water
The SORB 33 arsenic removal technology and Bayoxide E33 arsenic removal media from Severn Trent Services have been selected for use by Arizona American Water Co. at six water treatment facilities in the Phoenix area.
The facilities, which have flow rates of 500 to 3,600 gpm, are treating water in which total arsenic ranged from 16 to 42 ppb. The new treatment systems enable Arizona American Water to reduce arsenic levels below the U.S. EPA arsenic standard for drinking water of 10 ppb.
The SORB 33 process and technology developed by Severn Trent Services to reduce arsenic contamination has been commercially proven to effectively and economically meet the stringent government standard of 10 ppb across a range of water treatment applications. Bay0oxide E33 is a dry, robust, ferric oxide media designed with a high capacity for arsenic, providing long operating cycles and low operating costs. Compared to competitive technologies, Bayoxide E33 offers the lowest capital cost while providing ease of operation and maintenance. The media has been permitted for use by health and environmental agencies in 18 states, more than any other arsenic removal technology.
More Like This
- Severn Trent Provides Arsenic Removal Technology for Sharpe Army Depot in California
- Severn Trent to Provide Arsenic Removal Technology for Nogales, Ariz.
- Suburban Philadelphia Facility Installs Arsenic Removal Technology from Severn Trent
- French Ministry of Health and Solidarity Approves Arsenic Removal Technology from Severn Trent
- Severn Trent Awarded Contract for Arsenic Removal in San Bernardino, Calif.