SFES First to Receive ACS Registration through NSF
A cooperative agreement between LSEHL and NSF allows American companies to have market acceptance in France.
Through a cooperative agreement with CARSO-Laboratoire Santé et Environnement Hygiène de Lyon (LSEHL), NSF International yesterday announced that Southeastern Filtration & Equipment Systems has received Attestation de Conformité Sanitaire (ACS) registration.
ACS is the water contact safety standard in France, and registration is required for all products and equipment that come in contact with drinking water. This includes plumbing fittings and products such as pipes, valves, faucets, pumps and storage/pressure tanks. Southeastern Filtration & Equipment Systems (SFES) manufactures component cartridges and commercial modular filtration systems. These products have met all ACS requirements, which include:
• Conformance of product composition to positive lists
• Migration tests to establish extractability of potential contaminants
• Results comparison of migration tests with acceptance criteria
CARSO-LSEHL is the premier institution in France for Attestation de Conformité Sanitaire product evaluation services. NSF and CARSO-LSEHL are working together to expedite the registration process for manufacturers, such as SFES, seeking to obtain ACS product approval in France.
“Southeastern Filtration & Equipment Systems products have been certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 in our Drinking Water Treatment Units Program and to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 in our Water Treatment and Distribution Systems Program for many years. We are pleased to help them obtain ACS registration in France, an important European designation, as well as increase their export market opportunities. We are committed to helping all of our certified customers in this program,” said Bob Ferguson, NSF Vice President for Water Programs.
SFES' ACS registration is valid for five years. Ongoing testing will ensure continued compliance.
If you have questions regarding ACS registration, contact Bob Ferguson at 734.827.6883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Like This
- NSF International and CARSO-LSEHL Sign Cooperative Agreement
- Shaping the Landscape of International Standards
- NSF International and Korea Testing Research Institute Announce Cooperative Agreement
- NSF/EPA ETV Drinking Water Systems Center Holds First Successful Stakeholder Meeting
- Certification Around the World