Southwest Water Utility and City of Albuquerque End Condemnation Proceedings
Southwest Water Company announced that the City of Albuquerque has ended its efforts to acquire the company's subsidiary, New Mexico Utilities Inc. through a condemnation lawsuit.
The matter was formally concluded at a district court hearing, and the court directed the City to reimburse New Mexico Utilities for most of the costs incurred in defending the lawsuit.
Anton C. Garnier, Southwest Water president and chief executive officer, said, "We are very pleased to have this matter behind us. We appreciate the support from our employees throughout the almost four years since the start of the condemnation process, and our goal is continuing to provide excellent service to our customers."
More Like This
- Florida Water Rejects $515 million Offer for Marco Water, Sewer Operations
- New Mexico Water Service Company Agrees to Purchase National Utilities Corp.
- Commission Unanimously Approves California Water Service Group Purchase of Rio Grande Utility
- Rio Grande Water for Sale
- City of Ann Arbor Sues Pall Life Sciences