St. Louis Sewer District to Refund $26 million to Customers
The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District will pay about $25.6 million in refunds or credits to its customers as a result of a settlement reached in a 1993 lawsuit.
A state court ruled that a 1992 increase in the wastewater user charge portion of MSD customers' sewer bills was illegal.
Residential customers who live at the same address as they did in 1992-93 will receive an average of $43. Commercial and industrial customers will receive a refund in proportion to their use of the system.
St. Louis-based Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District has about 435,000 customers in the City of St. Louis and four-fifths of St. Louis County.
More Like This
- RJN Group, Inc. Awarded Amendment for Major Contract by St. Louis Metropolitan Sewer District
- Jacobs Receives Watershed Facility and Combined Sewer Overflow Planning Contract Extension
- RJN Group Awarded Contract by St. Louis Metro Sewer District
- New Storm-Water Charge Affects Non-Profits
- Pa. Company Charged in Multi-state Water Pollution Case