Thousands Flood to National Ground Water Assn. Annual Meeting
Meeting to feature more than 300 exhibitors and more than 70 hours of educational offerings
The world’s largest gathering of groundwater professionals has inundated the Las Vegas Convention Center for the 64th National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA) Expo and Annual Meeting.
Among the highlights are:
- More than 70,000 sq ft of exhibit space;
- More than 300 exhibitors, including 30 new exhibitors;
- 90 new products; and
- More than 70 hours of educational offerings.
The conference got underway Dec. 4 with a full slate of workshops in areas ranging from groundwater supply and quality to business management and geothermal operations. Among them is the all-day "Fundamentals and Refresher Course on Groundwater and Wells" workshop, which is maxed out in attendance.
Dec. 5 marks the start of the general sessions, with the keynote session and awards ceremony. The keynote address will be given by Tommy "Two Hands" Gainey, a groundwater industry employee turned PGA Tour golfer. During the ceremony, NGWA will convey its Awards of Excellence and Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards.
Dec. 5 also marks the farewell presentation by Utrecht University hydrogeology professor S. Majid Hassanizadeh, Ph.D., of his 2012 Darcy Lecture entitled, "Transport of Viruses in Partially Saturated Soil and Groundwater." It also will see the kickoff of the 2013 McEllhiney Lecture by John Jansen, Ph.D., of Cardno ENTRIX, entitled, "Keeping the Pump Primed: Aquifer Sustainability."
On Dec. 6, the exposition floor will be open again, another slate of workshops and classes are being offered, and NGWA delegates will meet to fill two positions on its board of directors.
The Expo and Annual Meeting conclude on Dec. 7, 2012.
More Like This
- NGWA's 64th Annual Groundwater Expo in Las Vegas This December
- NGWA Groundwater Expo Records Strong Numbers
- Number of Exhibitors Expected at 2011 NGWA Ground Water Expo Breaks Record
- NGWA President-Elect Named Contractor of the Year
- Tommy 'Two Gloves' Gainey to Deliver Keynote Address at 2012 NGWA Groundwater Expo