Travis Engen of Alcan Inc. to Chair World Economic Forum Water Initiative
Alcan Inc.'s president and chief executive officer, Travis Engen, will chair the World Economic Forum Water Initiative, a partnership of public and private organizations with the aim of improving watershed management.
"Reliable access to fresh drinkable water is one of the most important and fundamental issues for many communities", said Travis Engen, president and CEO of Alcan Inc. "I am pleased that Alcan can bring to bear its 101-year experience with the management of watersheds and water resources to enhance the availability of this precious resource."
The Water Initiative will bring together public-private partnerships to improve the management of watersheds "from the summit to the sea". Their goal is to improve the quality and quantity of water for both business and communities by sharing best practices and partnering in the maintenance and management of watersheds around the world.
More Like This
- Alcan Champions the Need to Protect the Planet's Most Precious Liquid
- White House Lauds the Blackfoot Challenge at National Conference on Cooperative Conservation
- Canadian Water Network Appoints Two New Directors to Board
- World Energy Council, World Water Council Partner
- Rural Rewards, Commercial Growth