UNICEF's World Yoga Day Will Benefit Safe Drinking Water Cause
This year's focus is making safe drinking water available to all in Ethiopia
On Jan. 30 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. local time, teachers worldwide will offer benefit classes to support UNICEF and its idea that safe drinking water is a human right. This means that for a 24-hour period, yoga classes will be taking place with the intention of making safe drinking water available to one and all. The focus for 2011 is on Ethiopia.
Participants in these classes are encouraged to donate whatever they feel is appropriate; those who cannot afford to donate money can bring their positive energy. World Yoga Day 2010 raised $37,115 in donations for Médecins Sans Frontières.
More Like This
- OpenText and SAP Support UNICEF's Clean Water for Ethiopia Project
- Marley Family Donates $100,000 to charity: water
- WaterAid, Coca-Cola Africa Bring Safe Water to Burkina Faso, Ethiopia
- USAID and P&G Partner for Safe Drinking Water in Africa
- Distribution of Water Equipment In Ethiopia Aims to Combat Disease