USFilter Awarded Contract for First Wet Air Oxidation System in Peoples Republic of China
USFilter’s Zimpro Products, Rothschild, Wis., was recently awarded the contract to supply a Zimpro®wet air oxidation system to Fujian Petrochemical Co., Ltd., a petrochemical refinery in the Fujian Province of the People’s Republic of China.
"This is our first wet air oxidation project in the People’s Republic of China," said Claude Ellis, marketing director for wet oxidation systems in the Far East. "The $3.15 million system will treat refinery spent caustic, a typical application for the technology."
Wet oxidation, developed and commercialized by USFilter’s Zimpro Products, is a liquid phase reaction in water using dissolved oxygen to oxidize wastewater contaminants. In treating spent caustic, sulfides and other contaminants are either destroyed or reduced to biodegradable components to allow discharge to a conventional wastewater treatment facility.
Fujian Petrochemical is a joint venture between the Fujian Provincial Government and Sinopec. The USFilter wet oxidation system is part of an environmental upgrade to the facility.
More Like This
- USFilter to Treat Refinery-Spent Caustic in Qatar
- New R Director Joins Siemens Water Technologies
- USFilter Publishes New Customer Service Brochure
- Westlake Chemical Corp. Awards USFilter Huge Industrial Water Treatment Outsourcing Contract
- USFilter Wins Contract to Expand NY Wastewater Treatment Plant