Veolia Environnement Signs First Multi-service Outsourcing Contract in the U.K.
The Group Veolia Environnement has signed a 10 year multi-service contract worth 78 million Euros (£53 million) in total for the full contract duration with Corus Packaging Plus (CPP) for their Trostre site in South Wales.
This is Veolia Environnement’s first multi-service outsourcing contract in the U.K. CPP is a leading supplier of high quality light gauge steels to the packaging markets across the world, with facilities in the UK, Netherlands, Norway and Belgium. It is operated through a wholly owned subsidiary of the Corus Group, the Anglo-Dutch steel manufacturer.
Managed through a single point of contact Veolia Water Industrial Outsourcing, the contract will call on the know-how, expertise and resources of three Veolia Environnement divisions - Veolia Water (water), Dalkia (energy services) and Onyx (waste management) to:
* Manage and optimize Corus’ existing effluent treatment plant;
* Build, operate and maintain a new boiler facility; and
* Provide on site waste management services.
Delivering environmental benefits to the Trostre site is a major priority. This will be apply to the existing effluent treatment plant and a state of the art gas fired boiler facility. Also significant cost savings to the client will be derived through operating and technical efficiencies of the boiler and effluent treatment plants. Six Corus employees will join the VWIO team.
More Like This
- Cost Efficiencies, Risk Sharing Benefits Underline Growing Appeal of Outsourced Industrial Utility S
- USFilter Helps Navajo Refining Company Meet NESHAP, Clean Fuels Regulations
- Veolia and Peugeot Citroen Enter into 10-Year Contract
- Outsourcing Opportunities Available in the European Industrial Water Sector
- USFilter Awarded Long-term Contract with Equistar