Water Main Break Leads to Sarasota Boil Water Advisory
A water main break in Sarasota, Fla., has lead to a boil water advisory.
According to Tampa Bay’s 10, residents in the Bent Tree subdivision have been advised to boil their water after a water main break on Charing Cross road.
Utilities field Operations manager John Czahoroski told Tampa Bay’s 10 that affected customers should open the cold water faucet of their bathtub in order to flush their line of any sand that may have entered during the break.
Affected customers are also advised by the Sarasota County Health Department to boil any tap water for a period of 72 hours. Boiling the water will destroy any of the microorganisms that might have entered the main while it was being repaired.
More Like This
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory for Florida's Sarasota County
- Tampa Bay Desal Sells Largest Seawater Desalination Plant in U.S. to Regional Water Utility
- Weather Causes Rain in Southern California, Boil Alert in New Jersey
- Boil Water Advisories Lifted in New Jersey, Virginia For Those Impacted by Hurricane Irene
- PBSJ Selected for Two Tampa Bay Water Hydrobiological Monitoring Projects