WEF Elects New Officers at WEFTEC 05
During a ceremony on Nov. 1 at WEFTEC 05, the 78th annual technical exhibition and conference of the Water and Environment Federation (WEF), the group elected its 2005-2006 officers.
J. Michael Read, vice president of HDR Engineering, Inc. in Portland, Ore. was elected president; Mohamed Dahab, professor and chair of the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Nebraska (Lincoln) became president-elect; Adam Zabinski, first deputy commissioner of the Westchester County Department of Environmental Facilities from White Plains, New York, was elected vice president; Lynn Orphan, watershed sector leader at Kennedy/Jenks Consultants in Reno, Nev., will serve as immediate past president; and Mike Godfrey, supervisor in Environmental Affairs for the Alabama Power Company from Birmingham, Ala., will complete a three-year term as treasurer.
WEF presented over 25 awards during its 64th annual Awards Celebration, which recognizes the outstanding achievements of professionals in water quality. The Federation honored Orphan for her outstanding contributions and service to WEF during the 2004-2005 year. Orphan then enacted the ceremonial "passing of the gavel" to Read, who will lead WEF for the 2005-2006 year.
More Like This
- WEF's Annual Conference and Exhibition Attracts Over 16,000 Attendees
- Water Environment Federation Announces 2011-2012 Board of Trustees
- Biomixer Wins Top Water Quality Award for Innovation
- Hydraulic Institute Elects New Board of Directors and Officers
- Water Environment Federation Announces 2009-2010 Board of Trustees