Federal officials held meetings regarding the alleged Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, N.C., drinking water that was contaminated...
The WEFTEC.08 committee is seeking abstracts for next year’s conference.
The Water Environment Federation WEFTEC committee is seeking abstracts for WEFTEC.08. The committee would like to remind industry professionals that their submissions allow their environmental knowledge and research to be showcased to 20,000 professionals, and that there are many opportunities to present. All papers also appear on the official conference proceedings on CD-ROM given to all full conference attendees.
Submissions must follow the guidelines, which are: up to three pages of double-spaced text and three additional pages of graphics, etc. to support the text. One-paragraph submissions do not allow enough content for evaluation and are often not accepted.
Topics for WEFTEC.08 include:
• Collection Systems
• Disaster Planning
• Energy Conservation and Management
• Facility Operations
• GIS and Information Management
• Greenhouse Gas Emissions
• Industrial Issues and Technology
• Instrumentation, Automation and Computer Applications
• International and Small Island Nations' Issues
• Laboratory Practices
• Leading Edge Research
• Management of Odors and Air Emissions
• Midwest Issues
• Municipal Wastewater Treatment
• Public Education
• Professional Development
• Residuals and Biosolids Treatment
• Small Community and Decentralized Water Infrastructure
• Stormwater Management and Wet Weather Flows
• Surface Water Quality and Ecology
• Sustainable Water Resources Management
• Utility and Asset Management
• Water and Wastewater Disinfection
• Water Reuse and Reclamation
• Watershed-Based Permitting
Abstract submissions are due on Dec. 3, 2007, midnight, U.S. Eastern Time. The committee asks interested professionals to call 703.684.2400 with questions.