World Water Center Announces New Executive Director
Anne Deane joined World Water Center last summer
The World Water Center announced the appointment of Anne Deane as its new executive director. She joined the World Water Center staff on July 17, 2010, bringing her passion for safe water and its ties to global health.
In her role as executive director, Deane is responsible for furthering the organization’s mission and building a constituency for safe water issues. Her interest for safe water started in her sophomore year at Duke University, when she read Tracey Kidder’s “Mountains Beyond Mountains.” While at Duke, she completed a research paper on point-of-use water technology. Its premise touched on the necessity to approach safe water from a socio-cultural perspective. Her international travels to rural communities exposed her to the complexity of the issues related to the water crisis.
More Like This
- Shirley Franklin Elected to Mueller Water Products Board of Directors
- Darcy Burke Selected to Lead Center for Water Education
- AgION Technologies Names Ginger Merritt Vice President of Worldwide Marketing
- Black & Veatch Announces Executive Leadership Changes
- NAWC Names Michael Deane Deputy Executive Director and Director of Strategic Development