WorldWater & Power/Conti Corp. Venture Wins Bid for $3.25 Million Solar Electric System
WorldWater & Power Corporationand its Joint Venture partner Conti Corp. have been awarded the contract from the Atlantic County (NJ) Utilities Authority (ACUA) to install a $3.25 million solar energy system at the wastewater treatment plant near Atlantic City.
The contract will require a $1.9 million rebate from the NJ Board of Public Utilities Office of Clean Energy and a low-interest loan from the NJ Environmental Infrastructure Trust program.
Under the joint venture agreement, WorldWater & Power will supply all solar-related equipment, engineering and design services, and Conti will provide construction services and construction project management. First phase of the project is expected to be completed by August 1 and full completion by October 1, 2005.
The system will be comprised of several different arrays, on building rooftops, raised parking structures, and ground mounted. Collectively the arrays are expected to provide an annual output of 660,000 kilowatt hours in clean, economical energy.
As Richard Dovey, ACUA president, explained, ``Each new project brings the ACUA closer to independence of fossil fuels. With the installation of solar panels and five wind turbines in the near future, our wastewater treatment facility will, at times, be entirely powered by clean, renewable, alternative energy. The ACUA has long been a leader in protecting our environment and is hoping to serve as an example to the community as proponents of alternative energy and stewards of our water and land.''
More Like This
- WorldWater Corp. Signs Agreement to Become Master Consultant and Contractor for All Water and Energy Programs in Somalia
- WorldWater Corp. Signs $52 Million Water and Power Development Agreement with Philippine Government
- Solar Irrigation System Opens at New Jersey Arboretum
- WorldWater Corp. Signs Two Contracts in Pakistan to Fight Drought With Solar Water Pumps
- WorldWater Inaugurates Solar Municipal Water System in Cebu, Philippines