Awardees recognized at WQA Convention & Exhibition
The Water Quality Assn. (WQA) bestowed Leadership Awards to several individuals during the WQA Convention & Exhibition's Opening General Session March 29.
- The Hall of Fame Award, given for lifetime dedication and service to the water quality improvement industry, was presented to Douglas “Sam” Karge from Zurn Industries LLC in Milwaukee, Wis., and Bret P. Tangley, MWS, from Sterling Water Inc. dba Culligan of West Central Wisconsin in Eau Claire, Wis.
- The Lifetime Membership Award, given for exemplary service to WQA, was presented to Arvind S. Patil, Ph.D., from Ricura Water Technology LLC in Huntersville, N.C.
- The Key Award for demonstrating the highest qualities of leadership was presented to Mike Mitchell of PUR Water Filtration Products (Kaz USA Inc.) in Marlboro, Mass.
- The Ray Cross Award, given in recognition of a pioneer spirit and unwavering commitment to the industry, was awarded posthumously to Jack Slovak from AROMAN Inc. in Incline Village, Nev.
- The Regents Award, given in recognition of significant contributions at the state or local level on issues affecting the industry, was presented to Daina Grace of the Texas WQA in Victoria, Texas. Awards of Merit, given in recognition of exceptional service to the water quality improvement industry, were presented to Cedella Beazley from Dow Water & Process Solutions in Edina, Minn., Jay Julo, MSW, CI, from TST Water LLC in Temecula, Calif., and posthumously presented to Steve Reif of Paragon Water Systems in Tampa, Fla.
- The International Award of Merit went to Xueli E of CDWS in Beijing.
- The Honorary Membership Award, given in recognition of meritorious research, education or exemplary service, was presented to Michelle Kussow of The Capitol Group in Madison, Wis.
- The Next Gen Award, presented to one or more individuals at or under 40 years of age, who have engaged and demonstrated a commitment to the betterment of the water treatment industry, was presented to Andrew E. Fenwick, Ph.D., of Multipure Intl. in Las Vegas, Dhavel Patel, Ph.D., from PUR Water Filtration Products (Kaz USA Inc) in Marlboro, Mass., and Amanda Wakem-Moore, CWS, from Atlantic Filter Corp. in West Palm Beach, Fla.
Water Quality Assn.