Poison was stored in a plastic jug similar to jugs filled with water
Despite police efforts to rush him an antidote, a 4-month-old boy died of arsenic poisoning in Boston after he and his 2-year-old sister drank tainted water that was given to them at a private party.
The baby died Monday. The day before, state police raced 240 miles to Boston from a hospital in Bangor, Maine that treated poisoning victims earlier this year. Bad weather had made an airlift impossible, the local district attorney's office said.
The infant's parents were at a private party Saturday when they asked for water for their two children. The poison was stored in a plastic jug similar to jugs filled with water, a law enforcement official told The Boston Globe.
Police are trying to determine why the home owner had the arsenic and why he kept it with the water jugs, officials said.