Australian Sustainability Week will be held Oct. 14 to 16 in Melbourne
Reed Exhibitions Australia, in association with Brooks Events and Inter-Water Events, is launching a new sustainability "mega event" in Melbourne, Australia.
For the first time, Australian Sustainability Week will showcase all aspects of sustainability, attracting more than 300 exhibitors and 8,000 industry professionals.
The event will:
- Stimulate the progress of clean and renewable energy and sustainability;
- Highlight the importance of the water-energy nexus in Australia;
- Focus attention upon the impact of climate change, growing water scarcity and the use and supply of the world's waste;
- Encourage the need to manage waste and implement sustainable practices;
- Accelerate the adoption of sustainable practices; and
- Encourage strategic partnerships to drive these practices into the wider community.
The announcement follows the 2013 successful co-location of All-Energy Australia and Australia’s Sustainability in Business conference and exhibition with Waste Expo and the Banksia Sustainability Awards.
To be held Oct. 15 to 16, 2014, the addition of Inter-Water Australia is the final piece in the jigsaw puzzle, adding a forum highlighting all aspects of sustainable water technology, infrastructure and innovation.
Australian Sustainability Week will present local and international speakers in each sector — many not seen before in Australia — delivering thought leadership, best practices and global innovation.
To be held annually at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC), the event will be anchored by the free-to-delegate All-Energy Australia exhibition and conference.
The week will occupy a combined footprint of 16,500 sq meters of hall space, featuring the latest in products, services and innovations in clean energy, energy efficiency, sustainability, waste, recycling and water management.
Australian Sustainability Week will feature both free-to-delegate and paid, business-to-business, multi-stream conferences and networking forums, hosted alongside an impressive array of exhibitors.