In this month's episode of Talking Under Water, One Water, One Podcast, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen give an overview of the Coronavirus and what it means for their respective industries. For water quality professionals, it means adjustments for in-home installs and additional challenges faced as a small business; for municipal employees, work still beckons, but the dangers with the virus do not have a lot to do with influent and effluent; and storm water professionals are gearing up for remote work policies and project delays.
Finally, Del Ciello interviewed Kathleen Burbidge, Water Quality Association (WQA) global government and regulatory affairs manager, about the WQA DC Fly-In and the feelings of legislators on Capitol Hill. (Note: This trip occurred prior to the Coronavirus outbreak taking over headlines.)
Take Our Market Impact Surveys
- Water & Wastes Digest (Municipal water & wastewater market)
- Water Quality Products (POU & POE market)
- Storm Water Solutions (Storm water & erosion control market)
- Water & Wastewater Workers Considered Essential During COVID-19 Outbreak
- DHS Considers Water Treatment Workers Essential
- WQA Convention 7 Exposition Cancelled
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers William Moorhead Federal Building Closes Due to COVID-19 Concerns
- Wastewater Operators: “Don’t Flush Wipes!”
- Oil Industry Group Seeks Lessened Regulations Due to COVID-19
Events & Webinars:
Bonus Social Media Photos of Bob & Lauren’s Cats:
Bob's cat, Apollo, and Lauren's cat, Mimi:
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.