The company also will be showcasing new products at its booth at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Dec. 16 to 17
Franklin Electric Co. Inc., a manufacturer of complete pumping systems, will offer contractors and drillers opportunities to sharpen their skills, along with new pumping-related solutions at the Groundwater Expo (NGWA 2015) in booth 719 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Dec. 16 to 17. In addition to a variety of new products that will be on display, Franklin will offer short training sessions (10 to 15 minutes in length) at its Hone Your Craft Expert Hub, focusing on solutions to questions commonly asked by water well professionals.
Following is a complete listing of in-booth training sessions:
Wednesday, December 16*:
- 1:30 p.m. – Submersible Pump Sizing: Avoiding Mishaps
- 2:15 p.m. – Driving Optimal Efficiency: P-Series VFD Setup
- 3 p.m. – Seize Your Competitive Edge: Solar Certified Contractor Program
- 3:45 p.m. – Your Onsite Companion: Meter Utility 101 (Voltmeter/Ammeter)
- 4:30 p.m. – Your Onsite Companion: Meter Utility 102 (Ohmmeter/Megger)
- 5 p.m. – Jump On Board with Wireless Connectivity: Navigating FE Connect (SubMonitor)
Thursday, December 17*:
- 9:30 a.m. – Your Onsite Companion: Meter Utility 101 (Voltmeter/Ammeter)
- 10 a.m. – Your Onsite Companion: Meter Utility 102 (Ohmmeter/Megger)
- 10:30 a.m. – Jump On Board with Wireless Connectivity: Navigating FE Connect (SubDrive NEMA 3R)
- 11 a.m. – Seize Your Competitive Edge: Solar Certified Contractor Program
*Does not apply towards CEP credits.
New products on display in the booth include:
- The SubMonitor with FE Connect provides enhanced capabilities of real-time performance monitoring to improve troubleshooting while protecting three-phase motor and pump systems with ratings between 3 and 1,000 hp. The unit protects against damage due to adverse conditions, such as low-flow wells, pump damage, clogging, bound pumps and power mishaps. Utilizing the FE Connect mobile technology app, contractors can monitor current, voltage, power and fault history through Bluetooth connectivity.
- The Fhoton SolarPAK system utilizes Franklin’s solar technology with the new Fhoton solar drive that features a smaller modular design, providing flexibility and simple maintenance for the contractor. The entire solar package of panels, pump, motor and drive are backed by a team of field service engineers, creating an easy way for contractors to provide “off-grid” water pumping to their customers.
- The FPS IGPH Series of high-head grinder pumps are engineered for the demands of higher head conditions found in many low-pressure sewage transfer applications. Available in an automatic or manual version, the pumps utilize a patented cutter system with precision clearances for grinding at 414,000 cuts per minute. These new units incorporate two non-clogging impeller stages for pumping of sewage slurries with a shut-off head of 200 ft.
- The Little Giant SPBS Series Battery Backup Systems protect basements from flooding when the electricity goes out. The series is available in four options that deliver capacities from 53 to 67 gal per minute with high flow rates, quick charging time and hours of battery longevity.
- The Little Giant 6EC Series of sump/effluent pumps provide lower current draw, energy efficiency and improved performance. The units have updated cast iron covers and are available with an optional cast iron base, reducing intake velocities, or a polypropylene base that includes the stainless steel debris plate. The 1/3-hp 6EC Series consumes 5 amps while pumping 53 gal per minute at 5 ft of head and reaching a maximum shut-off of 28 ft.