The H2Zero recycle backwash systems conserve water by storing and treating contaminated backwash water from filtration and treatment systems. Particularly with nuisance parameters such as iron and manganese, the H2Zero systems present no hazards to human health or the environment. However, increasingly stringent regulatory discharge standards, costs and emphasis on sustainability are demanding more environmentally friendly solutions for these residuals—not to mention, it is the right thing to do.
AdEdge H2Zero systems can be customized and designed for most manufacturers' adsorption, oxidation and filtration systems, whether backwashing is infrequent or performed one or more times per week.
Key features include a vertical polyethylene or a steel tank for holding the backwash water, a reclaim pump skid, integrated controls, particle filtration, as well as information data for solids management. Systems can be customized for most manufacturers’ adsorption, oxidation and filtration systems.
System benefits include:
- Optimal use and maximum conservation of water;
- Regulatory agency acceptance;
- Environmentally friendly solution requires little or no permitting;
- Reclaim system can be automated for minimal operation and maintenance;
- Controls can be integrated with a treatment system PLC and touch screen panel, when available; and
- Contaminants are reduced in volume and safely managed on or off site.