Mighty Earth, an environmental campaign organization, has started a...
Organizations explore ways to jointly advance mutual industry interests, objectives
The International Assn. of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) and Plumbing Manufacturers Intl. (PMI) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) specifically detailing ways in which the two organizations will work jointly to advance mutual industry interests as related to education, training and advocacy.
Through this MoU, IAPMO and PMI pledge cooperation in the achievement of numerous objectives, including the following:
• Where mutually beneficial, to identify and consider a possible agreement between IAPMO and PMI to promote new and existing sustainability opportunities and services collaboratively to members and the industry, including IAPMO's green training programs;
• To consider ways the organizations might aid best practices in the plumbing industry, and seek collaborations with other industry groups to promote effective delivery of continuing education programs for workers and recruitment of new workers;
• To identify joint areas of interest in legislative and regulatory advocacy;
• To consider expansion of IAPMO educational content and offerings to including hosting of existing PMI courses and collaborate with PMI on development of new courses that may be offered jointly and co-promoted; and
• To investigate the feasibility of jointly produced educational conferences.
IAPMO CEO GP Russ Chaney and PMI Executive Director Barbara C. Higgens signed the MoU on Oct. 13 in Washington, D.C.