International Conference on Water Reuse & Recycling to be held in Sept.
The International Desalination Association (IDA) has announced the speakers and program for the International Conference on Water Reuse and Recycling. The conference theme is “Turning Vision into Reality.” To be held Sept. 25 to 27, 2016, at the Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditeranée in Nice, France, the conference combines panels, plenary sessions and technical papers to focus on strategies and technologies for municipal and industrial water reuse programs.
Confirmed speakers for the Opening Ceremony on Sunday, Sept. 25:
• Dr. Emilio Gabbrielli, IDA president, Brazil
• Ms. Dianne d’Arras, executive vice president, SUEZ Environnement, France
• Dr. Benedito P. F. Braga, president, World Water Council, Brazil
• Ms. Blanca Jiménez-Cisneros, director of the Division of Water Sciences, United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), France
• Mr. Paddy Padmanathan, president and CEO, ACWA Power, Saudi Arabia
The technical program begins Monday with a plenary session addressing Global Water Reuse Advances and Success Stories moderated by Mr. Leon Awerbuch, IDA director and conference co-chair, U.S.
Confirmed keynote speakers for this session:
• Dr. Mark W. LeChevallier, director, Innovation and Environmental Stewardship, American Water, U.S.
• Dr. George Tchobanoglous, professor emeritus, University of California, Davis, U.S.
• Dr. In S. Kim, director, Global Desalination Research Center, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
Tuesday morning’s plenary session focuses on Key to Success of Water Reuse and Vision for the Future and will be moderated by Mr. Nikolay Voutchkov, IDA director and conference co-chair, U.S./France.
Confirmed keynote speakers for the Tuesday plenary session:
• Mr. Domingo Zarzo Martinez, Asociación Española de Abastecimiento y Saneamiento (AEAS), president, Asociación Española de Desalación y Reutilización (AEDyR), Spain
• Mr. Harry Seah, chief technology officer, Public Utilities Board, Singapore
Technical sessions include:
• Cutting Edge Technologies for Water Reuse – Part 1, co-chaired by Mr. Nikolay Voutchkov and Dr. Valentina Lazarova, U.S./France. The keynote speaker is Dr. Masahiro Kimura, general manager, Toray Industries, Inc., Korea.
• Cutting Edge Technologies for Water Reuse – Part 2, co-chaired by Dr. Boris Liberman, Israel, and Dr. Corrado Sommariva, United Arab Emirates. The keynote speaker is Dr. Valentina Lazarova, senior expert, SUEZ, France.
• Direct and Indirect Potable Reuse: Global Issues and Advances – Part 1, co-chaired by Mr. Maurice Neo, Singapore, and Udi Tirosh, Israel, with keynote Speaker Mr. G. Wade Miller, principal, Water Strategies Consulting, LLC, U.S.
• Direct and Indirect Potable Reuse: Global Issues and Advances – Part 2, co-chairs for this IWA-sponsored session are Prof. Dr. Jörg Drewes, Germany, and Dr. Josef Lahnsteiner, Austria, with keynote speaker Dr. Jörg Drewes, Technische Universität München, chair of Urban Water Systems Engineering/International Water Association (IWA), chairman of the Water Reuse Committee, Germany
• Non-Potable and Agricultural Water Reuse: Challenges and Successes, co-chaired by Mr. Ghassan Ejjeh, Belgium, and Mr. G. Wade Miller, U.S.
• Industrial Water Reuse and Recycling, co-chaired by Mr. Michel Canet, France, and Mr. Richard Stover, U.S., with keynote speaker Dr. Josef Lahnsteiner, director, Technology, Research & Development, VA TECH WABAG GmbH, Austria
• Water Quality Monitoring: Control and Solutions, co-chaired by Mr. Guillaume Clairet, Canada, and Mr. Devesh Sharma, U.S.
• Technologies for Joint Desalination and Water Reuse, co-chaired by Mr. Fady Juez, UAE, and Mr. Miguel Angel Sanz, France, with keynote speaker Dr. Boris Liberman, CTO, IDE Technology, Israel
The program also includes panel discussions:
• Regulations, Tariffs and Funding for Reuse and Public Acceptance, moderated by Dr. Valentina Lazarova, France, with Dr. Abdullah M. Al Shehri, Governor Electricity & Co-Generation Regulatory Authority, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; Mr. Thomas Petitguyot, European Commission, Belgium
• The Role of Water Reuse in Solving the Systems, Water-Energy and Food Nexus, moderated by Mr. Christopher Gasson, U.K., with Ms. Shannon McCarthy, first vice president of IDA, Italy
Sponsors for the Conference include ACWA Power (Principal Sponsor), AECOM (Gold Sponsor) and Suez (Silver Sponsor). Technical Session Sponsors include BESIX, CDM Smith, IDE Technologies and Veolia Water Technologies. The Supporting Affiliate is the European Desalination Society. The Strategic Partner is the International Water Association. The Supporter is the World Water Council.
Early registration discounts run through July 30. For more information or to register, visit http://idadesal.org/water-reuse-conference/.