Annual competition accelerates promising water innovations for the food and agriculture sectors
Imagine H2O announced the finalists of its fifth annual business innovations competition. The 12 companies selected to advance to the second round will compete for more than $200,000 in cash and in-kind service and admittance to the Imagine H2O Accelerator program. This year's winners and runners-up will be honored at Imagine H2O's Entrepreneurship Showcase and World Water Day celebration on March 18.
More than 70 start-up companies from 11 countries submitted entries related to Imagine H2O's Food and Agriculture theme. Competitors presented a diverse range of methods to improve water management within the food processing and agriculture industries.
Each finalist also will receive admittance to Imagine H2O Accelerator, which includes access to beta customers and pilot partners.
Imagine H2O's judging panel, which includes industry experts from companies such as Google Ventures, Ecolab and True North Venture Partners, based its selection of the finalists on their commercial viability, customer value proposition, go-to-market strategy and financial plan. The finalists, listed alphabetically, are:
- OptiEnz Sensors, Fort Collins, Colo.;
- Precision Hawk, Indianapolis ;
- TerrAvion, Livermore, Calif.;
- WatrHub Inc., Toronto, ON, Canada;
- Wellintel, Shorewood, Wis.; and
- ZYMtronix Catalytic Systems Inc., Ithaca, N.Y.
- BioGill, Sydney;
- Livestock Water Recycling, Calgary, AB, Canada;
- OndaVia, Hayward, Calif.;
- Silver Bullet Water Treatment Co., Denver; and
- Tal-Ya Agricultural Solutions, Tel Aviv, Israel.