The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced it is awarding more than $16 million to Alaska’s drinking water and clean water revolving...
ISA - The Instrumentation, Systems and Automation Society, debuted its new website, the ISANetwork. The site broadens the expansive and unbiased technical information on instrumentation, systems, and automation for which ISA is recognized globally. It also introduces "communities of practice," organized into 24 different technologies and industries. The communities offer e-mail lists, discussion forums, and career, education and technical product information.
"ISA has always been recognized for providing a tremendous amount of technical information to its members and to the industry as a whole," said ISA Web department vice president James Bouchard. "The redesigned site allows instrumentation, systems, and automation professionals and practitioners to have enhanced access to more resources so they can be more efficient and do their jobs better and faster."
The ISANetwork is organized in five major navigation categories--each designed to allow site users to locate the information they seek quickly
* Professionals & Practitioners find technical resources, educational information, and networks to help them perform their daily work in instrumentation, systems, and automation.
* Members & Leaders find everything they need to sustain their ISA membership and function as volunteer leaders in the Society.
* Educators & Students find resources on scholarships, schools with instrumentation, systems, and automation programs, ISA student section information, and resources for those teaching in the profession.
* Advertisers & Exhibitors find information on how to partner with ISA to market products or services to instrumentation, systems, and automation professionals.
* About ISA provides a history of the Society and an overview of the field of instrumentation, systems, and automation.
In addition to this novel navigation design, the ISANetwork gives the Society's membership a wide array of online services, including a high degree of integration between the Web site and the member database system. This integration facilitates member and customer access to their history of involvement with ISA and the ability to interact more easily with the Society.
"Overall, the ISANetwork is an even better resource with more information than ISA provided before," said Bouchard. "No matter who you are or why you are visiting the site, you will be able to find what you need easily." Visit http://www.isa.org. ISA's new website was developed in partnership with Active Matter (www.activematter.com <http://www.activematter.com>), specializing in designing and building Web sites for nonprofit organizations, and Intelligent Technologies Inc (www.inteltech.com), providing software and hardware solutions for business.