The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) invited 12 projects in nine states to apply for ...
Jel Productions recently launched CALFED Bay-Delta Program's "On Tap" Web site (http://ontap.ca.gov) to bring California water market participants and government agencies together in a highly informative, interactive forum.
The new site includes a searchable database of historic water transactions and an interactive guide that lets visitors tailor queries to receive applicable agency policies and procedures for specific water transactions. The site also offers an informative resource section with full text of laws pertaining to the California water market, glossary, and links to related sites.
Developed and produced by Jel Productions, the On Tap Web site is designed to:
* Disclose state and federal agencies' water transfer approval policies and procedures
* Streamline approval processes for applicants and reviewers
* Improve inter-agency coordination when a transaction involves multiple agencies
* Create a public, information-sharing forum for the water market
* Disseminate up-to-date information on transfer activities
The foundation Web site is structured to grow as agencies refine their policies and procedures and users help define what information they want most.
Jel Productions, with support from CH2M Hill, Modcom, and Davids Engineering, and under contract with Javis A&E, worked closely with representatives from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the California Department of Water Resources, and the California State Water Resources Control Board. With in-house staff experienced in water market functions and government procedures, Jel Productions was uniquely qualified to assist the CALFED agencies with this complex site.