Join leading industry experts for an open discussion on lead-contamination and municipality water quality issues
Industry Roundtable on Lead-Contaminated Water & Your Community: Municipal Water Quality: Leadership and Lessons Learned
Thursday, August 20, 2020 @ 1 pm ET/ 12 pm CT
Join leading industry experts for an open discussion on lead-contamination and municipality water quality issues – from the first step in identifying the problem of addressing corrosion control impact, to the role of point-of-use solutions, and the analysis of health and cost benefits.
Our speakers will share practical advice for municipalities currently managing water contamination issues, as well as those who want to prepare for changing legislation, such as the proposed revisions to the Lead & Copper Rule. They will also discuss learnings from experience working with communities that have been impacted by lead, including Newark (NJ) and Flint (MI) and how this informs future contamination responses.
The event will provide exclusive details on PUR Community, a new offering from Helen of Troy, to provide products and services for municipalities to design water quality programs. Moderated by Water Quality Products (WQP) Managing Editor,Lauren Del Ciello, the industry round table will include a live question and answer session.
Panelists for this discussion will include:
- Dan Giammar, Washington University, Walter E. Browne Professor of Environmental Engineering;
- Kelly Reynolds, MSPH, PhD, Professor, Department Chair of Community,Environment and Policy, University of Arizona;
- Pauli Undesser, Executive Director, MWS, CAE at Water Quality Association(WQA); and
- Michael D. Mitchell, Director of Advanced Technologies, Helen of Troy
- Understanding of the unique challenges of corrosion control in addressing lead-contaminated water issues, and its impact on drinking water
- Knowledge of the role of point of use filtration solutions, certification process and health and cost benefit analysis
- Practical insights and learnings from Newark (NJ) and Flint (MI)
Marketed by the Health & Home division of Helen of Troy Limited (NASDAQ, NM: HELE), PUR® is a leading brand in the at-home water filtration category for faucet water filters, water pitchers and dispensers and replacement filters. PUR is committed to superior filtration performance and innovation. PUR filtration technology uses activated carbon and ion exchange to reduce more contaminants than any other brand. Certified by NSF International and the Water Quality Association for their contamination reduction, PUR filtration systems were the first to claim reduction of trace levels of pharmaceuticals identified in U.S. tap water. PUR faucet filters are certified to reduce over 70 contaminants including lead, mercury and certain pesticides, while PUR pitcher and dispenser filtration systems are certified to reduce many contaminants including mercury and certain industrial pollutants. For more information about PUR water filtration, visit www.PUR.com.