Awards recognize outstanding service to water quality improvement industry
The Water Quality Assn. (WQA) announced that nominations are open for its awards. WQA members can nominate their peers for one of several awards recognizing individuals for their service to the water quality improvement industry.
Nominations are evaluated against each individual award criteria; therefore, nominations must include as much information as possible about the individual and the reasons they should be considered for the specific award.
Recipients will be announced at the WQA Convention & Exposition March 28 to 31, 2017, in Orlando, Fla. Please note that some awards may not be given every year. The call for nominations ends Sept. 30, 2016.
The awards categories include:
- Hall of Fame Award – Entering the WQA Hall of Fame is the highest honor a WQA member can receive. The recipient is recognized for his or her lifetime dedication and service to the water quality improvement industry and association.
- Lifetime Membership Award – The Lifetime Membership Award is given to those individuals who are or have been active within the industry, have rendered exemplary service to the association, and whose knowledge and accomplishments in the field of water quality entitle them to special recognition.
- Key Award – Like receiving the key to a city, the Key Award recognizes a WQA member for demonstrating the highest qualities of leadership within his or her company, industry and various associations, as well as local, civic and community activities.
- Ray Cross Award – In honor of Ray E. Cross, Water Specialist Emeritus and Past President of Water Conditioning Assn. Intl. 1960, this award recognizes current and former WQA members whose pioneer spirit and unwavering commitment has made a notable difference in the water treatment industry and has not been previously honored with a leadership award.
- Regents Award – The Regents Award is presented to an individual (or group of individuals) who has made a significant contribution at the state or local level working with issues affecting the industry, such as ethics, legislation or educational efforts.
- Award of Merit – The Award of Merit may be presented to more than one company, individual or organization in recognition of exceptional service given to the water quality improvement industry.
- International Award of Merit – The International Award of Merit is given to an individual, organization or more than one company that has made significant contributions to the international water quality improvement industry.
- Honorary Membership Award – The Honorary Membership Award is given to an individual whose occupation is outside the industry, but whose contributions to mankind through research, dedication and exemplary service in the field of water quality are admirable.
To nominate an individual, click here. For more information, contact Lynn Mathers at [email protected].
Water Quality Assn.