Ayla Networks, a global Internet of Things (IoT) platform for manufacturers, and Culligan Intl., a water treatment company, announced that Culligan has built its first smart home product on the Ayla IoT platform. Using the new Culligan Connect for HE, homeowners can monitor and control their Culligan High-Efficiency (HE) water softeners remotely, from anywhere in the world—and Culligan dealers can monitor system status and provide more proactive service to homeowners.
“Ayla’s extensive expertise, breadth of IoT technology and experience with leading appliance brands made us confident their IoT infrastructure could manage uptime, security, scalability and all the other capabilities necessary for a successful smart home product,” said Zach Schroeck, director of retail and product management for Culligan International. “Now that we have our first connected product on the market, we look forward to expanding our connected capabilities throughout our product portfolio.”
Culligan Connect systems use Ayla embedded agents to connect via Wi-Fi to the Ayla cloud, and Culligan used Ayla’s Agile Mobile Application Platform (AMAP) to design its mobile app.
“Culligan has designed an elegant two-phase interface to leverage the IoT data generated by their connected water softeners: a mobile app for end customers and a web-based portal for dealers,” said David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks. “The Culligan Connect product takes full advantage of the Ayla IoT platform to deliver a smart home appliance that will add real value for both homeowners and Culligan dealers.”
The Culligan Connect Wi-Fi accessory can help homeowners:
- Control their water softener system through a mobile device;
- Conserve water and energy;
- Bypass treated water for outdoor cleaning and watering applications; and
- Receive push notifications or alerts when salt supplies are low or if there’s unexpected water flow.
Culligan dealers can use the IoT data generated through the Culligan Connect accessory to:
- Monitor the status and settings of connected water softeners easily, from their desks;
- Receive diagnostic and system status reports and error alerts remotely, at any time;
- Track usage data;
- Contact customers when there’s a problem;
- Proactively schedule service visits; and
- Know the nature of system errors before sending a truck to the customer’s home.
The Culligan Connect accessory is currently compatible with Culligan high-efficiency (HE) water softeners in the U.S. and Canada. Users can download the free mobile app via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Source: Culligan Intl.