Live streams of the Public Health Code and RWI Tracks are available for purchase
The National Swimming Pool Foundation will be streaming live from the World Aquatic Health Conference this Oct. 17 to 18. On Thursday, Oct. 17, from 10 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. EST viewers can watch the five seminars in the Pubic Health Code track. On Friday, Oct. 18, from 10 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. EST, viewers can watch the four seminars of the Recreational Water Illness Prevention track. Live streaming is perfect for those who are unable to attend the conference in Indianapolis, and do not want to miss the InspiredScience shared.
Live streams schedule at a glance:
Thursday, Oct. 17: Public Health Code
- 10 a.m. — Microbiologic Survey of Filter Backwash Samples and A Review of Hot Tub/Spa Outbreaks. Speaker: Michele Hlavsa, R.N. M.P.H., CDC
- 11 a.m. — Preventing Drowning & Other Injuries: Top Ten Model Aquatic Health Code Provisions. Speaker: Jasen Kunz, M.P.H., R.E.H.S., CDC
- 1:30 p.m. — Preventing Outbreaks & Other Illnesses: Top Ten Model Aquatic Health Code Provisions. Speaker: Michael Beach, Ph.D., CDC
- 3 p.m. — Model Aquatic Health Code - What's Next? Speaker: Jasen Kunz, M.P.H., R.E.H.S., CDC & Bob Vincent R.S., M.P.A., Florida Department of Health
- 4 p.m. — Part 1: The Team Approach: Creating an Effective Partnership Between Building Departments & Environmental Health. Speaker: Lee Clifton, International Code Council
- Part 2: the Model Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code Provisions — Working to Mitigate Drowning, Injuries & Illnesses. Speaker: Peter DeMarco, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials
Friday, Oct. 18: Recreational Water Illness Prevention
- 10 a.m. — International Conference on Swimming Pool & Spa, Rome 2013: Key Advances in Disinfection By-Products and Microbiology. Speaker: Laura Suppes, R.S., M.P.H., University of Arizona
- 11 a.m. — International Conference on Swimming Pool & Spa, Rome 2013: Key Advances in Science & Regulations. Speaker: James Amburgey, Ph.D., University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- 1:30 p.m. — Using Electronic Meters in Swimming Pool Inspections and Posting Scores. Speaker: Tom Vyles, City of Plano
- 2:30 p.m. — Research: The Missing Link in Regulation Changes. Speaker: Joyce Tuttle, R.E.H.S., P.H.M., California Environmental Health Specialist Network
To purchase the live stream, follow this link.