Work is underway at the CTS Inc. ...
Largest annual water quality exhibition in the world expects 18,000 professionals and more than 900 exhibitors
As the largest conference of its kind in North America and the largest annual water quality exhibition in the world, WEFTEC.08—The Water Environment Federation’s (WEF) 81st annual technical exhibition and conference—offers the best water quality training and education available and provides access to the latest in water quality developments, research, regulations, solutions and cutting-edge technologies.
Designed to address a diverse and comprehensive array of contemporary water and wastewater issues, this year’s technical program of 115 technical sessions, 31 workshops and 10 facility tours are categorized into more than 20 technical education focus areas ranging from collection systems and leading-edge research to sustainable water resources management and water reclamation and reuse. To keep attendees up-to-date on the most pressing water quality challenges and solutions, the program also includes several hot topic workshops and featured technical sessions throughout the five-day event:
Hot topic workshops:
• Workshop #109 – Green Infrastructure: The Windy City & Beyond;
• Workshop #110 – Wastewater Treatment in Tomorrow’s Climate Change-Driven World;
• Workshop #111 - Strategic Workforce Planning for Leaders at All Levels;
• Workshop #113 - The Big Picture: Reclaimed Water As a Water Resource; and
• Workshop #210 - Nutrients Removal: What the U.S. EPA, WERF, and Others Are Doing To Help Address this Challenge.
Featured technical sessions:
• Session #38 - Water Scarcity and the Potential Role of Distributed Wastewater Management;
• Session #68 - Lab Practices Detection and Quantitation: New Methods and Perspectives of U.S. EPA’s Federal Advisory Committee;
• Session #77 - Clean Water Policy 2008;
• Session #95 - Protecting Our Nation’s Most Critical Asset: U.S. EPA’s Collaborative Approach to Water/Wastewater Resiliency and Security;
• Session #96 - Global Sanitation: Current Situation and Innovations for the Future; and
• Session #112 - Addressing Water Quality Standards in Long-Term Control Plans.
With 18,000 water quality professionals and more than 900 exhibitors from around the world expected in Chicago, WEFTEC.08 is the must-attend event for water professionals. The conference will be held from Oct. 18 to 22, 2008, at McCormick Place. For more information, visit www.weftec.org.