Nominations will be accepted through Sept. 10
The Water Quality Assn. (WQA) is accepting nominations from members who wish to recognize their peers for their service to the water quality improvement industry.
The call for nominations is open through Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015. Recipients will be announced at WQA’s Convention & Exposition. This year's convention will be held March 14 to 17, 2016, in Nashville.
Nominations are evaluated against each individual award criteria. Please include as much information as possible about the individual, and the reasons they should be considered for a particular award. Note that some awards may not be given every year.
WQA's awards individuals in the following categories:
- Hall of Fame Award - Entering the WQA Hall of Fame is the highest honor that can be bestowed upon a WQA member. The recipient is recognized for his or her lifetime dedication and service to the water quality improvement industry and association.
- Lifetime Membership Award - The Lifetime Membership Award is given to those individuals who are or have been active within the industry, have rendered exemplary service to the association, and whose knowledge and accomplishments in the field of water quality entitle them to special recognition.
- Key Award - Like receiving the key to a city, the Key Award recognizes a WQA member for demonstrating the highest qualities of leadership within his or her company, industry and various associations, as well as local, civic, and community activities.
- Ray Cross Award - Given in honor of Ray E. Cross, Water Specialist Emeritus and Past President of WCAI 1960, this award recognizes current and former WQA members whose pioneer spirit and unwavering commitment has made a notable difference in the water treatment industry and has not been previously honored with a leadership award.
- Regents Award - The Regents Award is presented to an individual (or group of individuals) who has made a significant contribution at the state or local level working with issues affecting the industry such as ethics, legislation or educational efforts.
- Award of Merit - The Award of Merit may be presented to more than one company, individual or organization in recognition of exceptional service given to the water quality improvement industry.
- International Award of Merit - The International Award of Merit is given to an individual, organization or to more than one company that has made significant contributions to the international water quality improvement industry.
- Honorary Membership Award - The Honorary Membership Award is given to an individual whose occupation is outside the industry, but whose contributions to mankind through research, dedication and exemplary service in the field of water quality is admirable.